Monday, November 11, 2013

Service

Months ago I came across a puppy cam that led me to - Warrior Canine Connection - an organization that pairs service dogs with combat veterans.

The dogs are trained from birth to two years old. They live with a volunteer foster family and are taught to help in more ways than I can count.

Check them out at their site and on Facebook.









I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.

- Doris Day





12 comments:

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

What a wonderful thing. I know I could not do without my Molly and to think that these dogs will be able to help our wounded warriors is a real blessing. Thank You,

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a great organization -- I hadn't heard of this before... don't those dogs just look like they love what they're doing?

Ron said...

Oh, Dianne...I can' thank you enough for sharing this information.

WOW...what an awesome organization!!!!

These pictures are so touching and sweet. Love the one of the gentleman pulling the wagon with the puppies. And that last one is sooooooo CUTE! What a precious face!

Yes, I will check more about this by going to their site.

Love that quote from Doris Day!

Thanks again, dear lady!

X to you, Hope, Athena, Siren and Isadora!

HermanTurnip said...

What a great cause! Look at all of these cute faces, each just wanting to make their master's life a bit easier. Awesome post!

DJan said...

Awwww. They are so adorable and sweet. How can anybody not love dogs?

Akelamalu said...

How wonderful is that? :)

James said...

This is so cool!

ellen abbott said...

dogs are amazing creatures.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is so very Wonderful, Dianne. I had heard of them before and support the really important work they do. It is touching and so very needed.....
I love what Doris Day said....!

Cloudia said...

Excellent work!


ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^= <3

Hilary said...

Dogs are wonderful. How terrific is that organization!

LL Cool Joe said...

I've always been a little afraid of dogs, but when I see them being such loving companions, it warms my heart.