Thursday, December 23, 2010

Over The Bridge and Through The Streets

the verrazano-narrows bridge
gateway to the motherland

Right now I'm cooking - baked mac & cheese for tomorrow night at baby bro's house in Brooklyn and then baked ziti for Christmas Day here with my DIL's family. Oh yes - and some saw-seege, the mild and the spicy of course - cooked in homemade sauce for hours and hours.

I have crap to wrap.

I forgot to gas up the car for tomorrow night - the exodus from NJ to Brooklyn really burns it up. I can hear Mother Nature whispering over the noise of horns and backfires - "why don't you all just stay where you are"

Yesterday I spent hours in Macy's. There were Smurfs in the ladies room. Giant stuffed Smurf dolls. I don't get it. I did amuse myself by pondering that truly it was Papa Smurf who was born on December 25th.

And then!! - as the commercial says - "I went to Jared"
OMG!!
My personal jewelry host, George, was lovely. Attentive and friendly. I was offered a cappuccino. All this just for purchasing a $45 Pandora charm for my niece. It was bliss.

I wish you all good things. Blessed be whatever or whoever you worship or just like a lot.

If you have already celebrated Chanukah then bless your heart - enjoy the fact that the Chinese restaurant and the movie theater will be empty. I envy you.

And as always ...


... there is Hope

21 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh that smile warms me. :) I hope that you and yours have a wonderful holiday season, Dianne. Hugs to you.

Sylvia K said...

There is Hope indeed! Adorable as always! Well, I have an empty house with no tree and no decorations, just me and Sam, you're welcome!!

Sylvia

pink dogwood said...

Hope is so adorable :)

Have a great holiday and wash off the frustration of the drive with a nice drink :)

jabblog said...

Enjoy your celebrations in the way that suits you best - keep warm, keep healthy and look forward to good things in 2011 :-)

Lynilu said...

What a precious baby that is! Goodness, it must be nice to see that smile every day! I'm envious!

Mike said...

I am going to listen to Mother Nature.

Ron said...

Awwww....what a wonderful way to end my long day at work, with a photo of Hope!!!!

OMG...she is beyond adorable!

Great shot, Dianne!

Yeah, I too saw the Smurfs in Macy's this year and I just about died when I saw the two little finger puppets he was holding - how cute!

Have a wonderful holiday, dear lady! And please say hello to NY for me while you're there. I plan on going myself in January.

X to you and the gang!

Ellen Whyte said...

Nice pic. We're not in the holiday mood but as you suggest a drink.... Merry Christmas!

Arkansas Patti said...

Hope is the perfect age for the season. Have a wonderful celebration and a New Year with all you want and need.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

There is Hope and there is love! What more do you need?

Merry Christmas Di and thank you for your blog; it's been a year-long gift.

(I don't 'do' jewelry, but that trip to Jared's sounds about worth it ;>)

Reb said...

Dianne that is an adorable photo of Hope. Peace and Joy to you and yours during this Holiday Season.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Such a sweet picture of Hope! I bet she is excited about Christmas...!
I hope your Christmas is a truly lovely one, Dianne and that Hope delights, as always...Lots of pictures and Video, PLEASE!
Happy Happy Christmas Day, my dear!

Jackie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Dianne. I loved your last post at your photo blog too, I can just imagine Hope waving at Santa.

fermicat said...

I like "crap to wrap". Good line!

Happy Christmas to you and the family, including the furry ones.

Linda said...

Ah, "crap to wrap", I just finished the last of mine and can now settle down for a long winter's nap!

May you have a most wonderful weekend filled with Hope and love!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for that adorable Hope!

Bobkat said...

I wish you good stuff too Dianne :)

Hope is growing so fast and what a lovely little grin!

Lu' said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. That's me, late and early at the same time HA!

HermanTurnip said...

Where there is Sponge Bob, there is hope. Seems our Tyler has a fascination with this cartoon as well. Of course at 10 months it could just be the flashing lights, but he's curious just the same :-)

Mare said...

Wow! How Hope has grown, and I'll bet she keeps you hopping!

Grayquill said...

Yes - there is Hope and Hope blesses us all with smiles.
What a face!