Saturday, December 31, 2011

As I Wobble Into the New Year

some things come to mind ...

I think it's going to be a rough year - a contentious election, financial upheavel, squashed revolutions, and on and on

Might be a good idea to listen to Hollywood ...

"Gird your loins"

the stunning Stanley Tucci in 'Devil Wears Prada'


"Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"

Bette Davis as Margo Channing in 'All About Eve

“There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.”
Erma Bombeck


I'm going to try to see the line and cross it a lot

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Buddha


Remember that there's magic all around
 
According to String Theory, what appears to be empty space is actually a tumultuous ocean of strings vibrating at the precise frequencies that create the 4 dimensions you and I call height, width, depth and time.

This evening I'll spend some time with The Lady of Gaga. She's helping Little Tyke Mike drop the ball in Times Square.


I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way


Happy New Year Dear Friends
 
and on we go ...


celeb photos from Google, all other photos are mine

22 comments:

Mike said...

HNY to you too.

DJan said...

A wonderful but cautionary post, Dianne. Thank you for the lovely thoughts and reminders that there is indeed magic all around us. You and yours are dear to me, too. Have a great and safe celebration marking the beginning of a new (and bumpy) year! :-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your final 2011 Post is so very "DIANNE"!! I love it and I love you! You speak the truth, my dear, and I wish you a WONDEROUS New Year!
May 2012 be a Healthy, Happy, Glorious year for you and for all those so very dear to you, too---Especially HOPE!!!

Rambling Woods said...

and to you...yes..this year in politics is going to be ugly and some will be sadly misinformed...

kenju said...

LOVE the Buddha quote!! also love Lady Gaga and that song. Happy New Year!

Sylvia K said...

Wishing you and Hope a most wonderful and Happy New Year, filled with lots of love and laughter and better times than we've seen in the past year! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Linda said...

I'm inclined to agree with Buddha and plan on traveling as much as I can this upcoming year!

Happy new year to you and let's hope that somewhere in there we get a few more rays of sunshine than we did this year. Unfortunately, though, I don't think they'll be coming from Washington DC!

jabblog said...

Happy New Year, Dianne, and may 2012 bring you and yours peace and contentment.

Jackie said...

Happy new year, hope 2012 is all you hope and nothing you fear. Love to Hope x

Kay Dennison said...

Love it!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Miranda said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!! May you and yours have a wonderful new year!!!

ellen abbott said...

Happy New Year Dianne.

I'm afraid I agree with you about this coming year.

Ron said...

BRILLIANT post, Dianne!

LOVE the photos and captions!

And it's funny because I just watched The Devil Wears Prada....

"Gird your loins"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

In fact, I own THAT movie AND "All About Eve."

Love that last quote too!

Flawless!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, dearest lady!

Cheers and much X!

Linda Reeder said...

I love you, you line crosser, you!
Happy Bumpy tumultuous New Year. I'll be along for the ride.

Jeni said...

Thanks for a great post to end the year! As always -your writings are among the best on the 'net! Now, enjoy the New Year's Eve celebrations (I'm reading blogs for my entertainment, LOL) and here's wishing you a smooth New Year ahead!
Peace, my friend!

LL Cool Joe said...

Interesting post! Thanks. I've always had a tough time with the lyrics to Born This Way, when she sings about transgender and then God makes no mistakes, and you are born this way ... it doesn't quite add up.

Happy New Year to you too!

Akelamalu said...

Happy New Year Dianne, may it be kind to you. x

Ivanhoe said...

In order to survive 2012, we all need to get a little crazy. Just saying, it's gonna be a rough ride :)
But it may all end on 12/21...
Anyways.. May your 2012 be happy, healthy and prosperous!

Daryl said...

★☆ ✿¸.•*¨★*☆*★`*•..¸✿ ☆¯`★
★[̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅]★[̲̅̅N̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅W̲̅]★[̲̅̅Y̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅]★
*”˜˜”*°•.♥ღϠ₡ღ♥♥ღϠ₡ღ♥♥ღϠ₡ღ*”˜”*
┊ ┊
┊ ☆┊ ┊
☆┊ ┊
┊ ☆

Grayquill said...

Happy New Year!

Imaginography said...

Happy New Year Dianne :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy New Year -- cross that line early and often!!!

The Budda quote is another (better) way of saying our mantra, which is on the header of the blog.